Pinterest

Monday, January 22, 2018

The Gilded French Mirror




Hi Everyone!

                                      I have been hibernating this winter
    The cold weather, snow and ice has made me just want to get under the covers and stay there. I seemed to lose my motivation. You would think I would use this shut in time to be creative, but instead I spent a lot of time dreaming of what changes I want to make this year in decorating the house.
     January seems to be a time for change. And that is exactly what I have began doing!
If you have followed me you know that the townhouse we live in  has an open floor plan. I want to begin to make changes to all three rooms...the living room, dining room and kitchen.
During my hibernation this last few weeks I began to reread some of my favorite magazines. It's funny how reading a magazine for the second or even the third time allows you to see things you missed or dismissed the first time.
My favorite magazine has been " French Style". I came away with a million ideas. The best words I read in this magazine were, "Don't just play it safe when decorating your home, decorate with the things that give you butterflies"  Great advice! Especially for someone like me that always plays it safe.
     The motivation has returned.....I am excited once again. I want a different look than what I had in our other home. I spent the first few years we have been here settling in, but now I'm ready for change.
       I purchased a beautiful French mirror for the living room. It was my Christmas present. The room is small so the mirror will make the room feel larger. The gold added just the right about of
bling.  I am in love with it! Bring on those butterflies!!


French Gilded Mirror


             Have a great week!
                                Sue
                                      xo

No comments:

Post a Comment