Pinterest

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Lola's Bedroom



Hi Everyone!

             I know it's been awhile.....but I'm back!!
     It seems like this winter just won't end. Snow on April 2 and snow is predicted for tomorrow. Ugh!!
 The pansies are for sale at the local nursery, so spring can't be very far away.
With Spring comes the excitement to refresh our home inside and out. I have a million ideas and I'm excited to get started!
   
     The post today is about color.
It's amazing how color can transform a room. It is by far the most simple, inexpensive way to give a room a new look. I do not find it easy to choose colors for my home. As hard as I try, I always end up painting the walls some shade of white. White or pastel walls are my comfort zone. I remember a few years ago painting our bedroom in a color called café latte. To me, it was a new adventurous color. Big change from my usual. My family found it amusing how I even called this a color. To them it was just another shade of my usual white. I do find it easier to use color in the furniture, rugs  and accessories.  My home may be painted bone white, but I so admire anyone that paints their rooms beautiful, bold colors.
      Recently our granddaughter, Lola decided she wanted to redo her bedroom. She will be turning 13 soon. Lola decided that the dolls needed to be put in the attic and the room needed to become more suitable for a teenager.
     Lola has always been a girl that loved color  She loved to color in her coloring books from the time she was a little girl. Lola would mix and blend colors that made her pictures come alive.Her pictures were more than colorful, they were beautiful! I admire this talent of hers. She may no longer color in coloring books, but that talent to put colors together is evident in everything she does. She has a gift to create beauty in every thing she touches.
      When Lola began to redo her bedroom she decided the color would be Teal. Her favorite color.  Paint chips hung on her wall for weeks so she could chose just the right color teal.
Lola allowed all of us to give our opinion of which color teal she should paint her room. But I believe none of our choices influenced her in making her final decision. Just as she would choose the crayons for her pictures in her coloring books Lola knew just what color she wanted. Her choice never wavered



Lola's Bedroom
The paint color on accent wall is Mermaid's Song. The paint on other three walls is Italian Ice. I just love the white furniture and bedding.  Lola wanted me to mention that the room isn't finished yet. She is still searching for just the right art for over the bed. She also has to hang her fairy lights. 
 The room is a beautiful mix of color and style. It is young, fresh and just Beautiful.

Love your new room Lola!!It is so you!!! Enjoy!!!


Please leave a comment

sue
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Aw, thank you grandma! Love you, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lola,
    I'm so glad you like it. The pictures came out great! Everyone that views the post just loves your room. Thank you for letting me share your room. It was fun! One of my friends thinks you should teach me how to pick out some colors for my house. lol!!
    Love you!! xoxo Grandma

    ReplyDelete