Pinterest

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

What is Your Decorating Style?






 Hi Everyone,
                
            We have had some Beautiful spring like weather this past week.
            My head knows it's still winter but my heart is in the garden!!!!!



                                            What is your Decorating Style?

                    Traditional, Modern, Mid-Century Modern, Victorian, Industrial, Farmhouse, Shabby Chic, Romantic Country, Country, French Country, English Country...
                                              No wonder we're all confused!!!!!!
          I think I've wrestled with this question for quite some time. I've been asking myself this question a lot these past few weeks. I want to redecorate our living room and dining room. One of those areas of our new townhouse that I just can't seem to get right. The townhouse has an open concept..... Living room, dining room, and kitchen all one room. Help!!! I want my walls back!

        So how do we discover our style?
There are so many things that influence us.....HGTV, magazines. books, friends and family. However for all those outside influences {some good-some bad}I have come to realize I always return to one style in particular. For me it's English Country. I have wavered many times through the years but I always seem to return to what I believe is truly my style. I am not a purist. I like to mix a piece or two of a different style. Something as simple as a French chair or a Victorian foot stool. It makes a room more interesting. Adding a few different pieces creates a room that looks like it evolved over time.
A look I just love.
         How do I know that English Country is truly my core style?
Because no matter what is going on in the world of decorating I always choose English country. It's those rooms that jump off the page at me when I'm searching a magazine or book... It's the comfortable feeling I get when I walk into the room....It's everything about the English style, the colors, the lines of the furniture, the plates hung on the wall, the botanicals.
It makes my heart sing! It makes me feel comfortable. It makes me feel happy.
                                         But most importantly it feels like home.
When you decorate with what you love it feels right because it makes your heart sing!!!!!
                                                  
                                                               -Sue-

A Touch of Spring

                                                       


No comments:

Post a Comment