Pinterest

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Changing the Style of the Living Room


              We can finally say the outside is finished for this season. Hopefully it's time to sit and enjoy!!
So now my mind is turning to the inside projects that have been put on hold. I want to change the dining room and living room. When I say change, what I would like to do is change to a more neutral color scheme. I would like to try and create rooms that are warm and inviting. More of an "Old World" look rather then the formal look I have now.
               Wow!! I'm feeling overwhelmed already! Sometimes I'm so overwhelmed I do nothing.
Through the years I have learned a few tricks that can help as you take on any remodeling project big or small.
                      1.  Take pictures of the rooms to be re-modeled
                              A picture doesn't lie. It shows you exactly what your working with.

                      2.  Set a budget

                      3.  Make a list of what isn't working in the room
                              It is very hard for me to let go of things that aren't working. The more sentimental an item is the harder it is to move it or get rid of it all together.

                      4. Create a Pinterest Board
                               
                      5.  Begin to change one thing at a time

                  
Magazines and decorating books help in the planning

Design from your heart not your head! Then your home will be a reflection of what's inside you.

xoxo
           Sue







                          

No comments:

Post a Comment