Pinterest

Sunday, October 22, 2017

" Little Italy " in Pittsburgh





          Hi Everyone!
              Today I'd like to take you on a trip to the"Strip District" in Pittsburgh, Pa. This is the Italian section of Pittsburgh....even Pittsburgh has a "Little Italy".
This section is one long block of wall to wall Italian specialties,dried meats, homemade pastas, ravioli, imported olive oil, olives, cheeses, pastries, biscotti. This is only a small list of what is available. You can find everything you need to cook an Italian feast! 
 One of the things I miss most about living in N.Y. is not being able to find all the Italian foods I am so used to. This section of Pittsburgh was like a trip back home. I wanted to buy everything and bring it back to Northeastern Pa. but we did the next best thing...we ate lunch in a great little café.
Enrico's Café was like going back to Venice, Italy. The food was just wonderful!!

Now, no matter where I go I always manage to find at least one store that has something to do with decorating the house. I found the prettiest little shop, Roxanne's Dried Flowers. A beautiful shop filled with dried flowers. My daughter-in-law, Lauren and I got lost in this shop. Lauren and I share the love of flowers and gardening. We both find dried flowers the next best thing.  The
displays were to die for!!! Roxanne was gracious enough to allow us to take some pictures.












                                             Arrivederci,
                                                                               sue

No comments:

Post a Comment