Pinterest

Friday, December 15, 2017

"It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas"




 Hello Everyone!
     Well, here we are 10 days until Christmas! I know, how did the time go so fast? Wasn't Thanksgiving just yesterday? I know for me, there never seems to be enough time. But this year we started decorating a little early with the intention of saving some time to enjoy the season. Well you know what they say about the best of intentions!!! It seems that I'm never done! I always seem to find one more ornament to hang on the tree or one more Christmas item I just have to buy at Home Goods.
So today I am taking a pause....
When I mentioned enjoying the season what comes to mind is our family trip to New York City.
I don't know just when it started, but it became a family tradition. We would take the train into the city to enjoy the excitement that New York City offers at Christmas time. The beauty of the store windows that are decorated for the holiday. Macy's has a whole floor of decorated Christmas trees. I  so look forward to seeing those trees. They are so beautiful.  They inspire me! I can't forget the smell of chestnuts roasting,or the sound of the bells ringing by the street corner Santas. We would always visit Saint Patrick's Cathedral which was filled with what seems like a million poinsettias. It's a sight to behold.  Just the hustle and bustle of the shoppers on the city streets brings excitement. At the end of the day we would make our way to Rockefeller Center to see the lighted Christmas tree. Now, I can't say enough about the beauty of this magnificent tree. It is truly a sight to see.  It's one of those things you cannot describe in words or even pictures. It is so beautiful it takes your breath away! This one day in New York City at Christmastime would give our family that feeling of warmth that only Christmas can give.
Just thinking about all our trips to the city for Christmas brings me back there. They are great memories!  This is my favorite time of the year!
       I believe my love of Christmas is what makes me enjoy decorating the house for Christmas.
Let me share some pictures with you.....
..



                                                                      Living Room Tree

                                                               Christmas in the kitchen



The dining room table set with the Christmas china. The centerpiece of Paperwhites. I planted the bulbs the beginning of December. I can't believe how well they're growing.I will take another picture when the Paperwhites come into full bloom. They should be in bloom by Christmas.

                                                Hot chocolate station with all the fixing


                                                               Guest Room Tree
                                                                             
                                               
May we all enjoy the Christmas Season!!
                                xo,
                                   sue

No comments:

Post a Comment