Pinterest

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Hello Spring!!


The last few days have been absolutely perfect!!! Spring has finally arrived in North Eastern PA.
                 The forsythia is blooming, the birds are singing and the air smells heavenly.
I opened all the windows for the first time after a long winter. The house smelled like spring, fresh
                     and clean!!
My thoughts turned to making the house feel more spring-like....
                     I decided to begin with the Master Bedroom
             
The first thing I decided to do was to change the bedding to a lighter look. I loved the bedding I was using,but I decided the duvet and shams in the heavy linen toile print looked too heavy for the summer. I was looking for a change....
I began by ordering a new dust ruffle from Country Curtains.. The dust ruffle is a toile print in a color called Lagoon. Now I had no idea what the color Lagoon was. I couldn't tell if the color was blue or green in the catalogue And I was way too impatient to wait for a sample. When it arrived I was so pleased not only with the color but also with the quality of the fabric and the workmanship. The color was actually a bluish green on a white background. It is a soft pastel. I am in love with it!!! I couldn't be happier!!


I decided not to use shams to match the dust ruffle. I thought the white shams continued that summer look that I wanted. I used three layers of pillows for a full elegant effect. The room now has a light airy look. I am so pleased with the way the bedroom turned out! Now on to the rest of the house!!
              
                                                                                             Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment